Monday, May 20, 2013

Campus Life

Hello, hi, konichiwa, bonjour!

I am now a University student. Alhamdulillah. I am really really grateful for being accepted to my first university option which is UTP(Universiti Teknologi Petronas). I received my offer letter on the 3rd of May. I'm even happier that I got my first course option which is Petroleum Geoscience. I'll be studying for 5 years, 1 year for Foundation programme and another 4 years for Undergraduate studies.

      I registered on the 16th of May which fell on Thursday. My family sent me away on my first day. They even helped to carry my bags to my hostel room. My room was on the 4th floor which is the highest floor. Can you imagine carrying big and heavy luggage bags up until the 4th floor? Once I reached my room, I saw a girl with her family. She is my roomate. A Kelantanese who lived in Johore. She is quite nice and polite luckily.

   I'm still in the  Orientation week which will last until the 26th. The orientation was called 'Minggu Aluan Siswa'. Most of the activities for the orientation was held at the Chansellor Hall. It's a 5-10 minutes walk from my hostel to the Chansellor Complex. I need to walk a lot here. Which is good because I haven't been doing any sort of exercise back at home. But here in UTP, I think I burnt quite a lot of calories everyday as my only transportation here is my feet.

   Lecture and classes will be starting from today, which is the 20th. I can't wait for my first lecture later at 4pm. So I am utilising the free time given to me to sit at this beautiful library to surf the net and post an entry here.

     It's a whole new different life out here. I was quite uncomfortable at first. But I think I'm starting to get a hold of it. It's a good thing that I learned to be more independent and productive. What I can say  is that, once you enter university life, you need to learn to adapt to new situations, surrounding, a new group of people and etc. Time management is also really really important. If you fail to do so, you'll be in trouble. As the saying goes, "Failing to plan is planning to fail".

p/s; I wanted to post some pictures too, but I'm having a technical problem to transfer the photos from my phone to the laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment