Sunday, April 21, 2013

A short trip to Perak

   I received my SPM results last month and Alhamdulillah I passed with flying colours. I spent the whole week right after I received my results to apply for universities and scholarships. Before this, I did apply for the government universities but that was somewhere in the begining of march.
  So that one day, I spent time in front of my computer and applied for Universiti Teknologi Petronas admission and scholarships such as JPA, MARA, Maybank, and Petronas.

    After about a week of submitting my online application, finally UTP results were out. Alhamdulillah, I was called to attend an interview called Educamp in UTP campus which located in Seri Iskandar, Perak on the 15th of April. I was really happy for the good news as I really wanted to further my education there.
A week before the interview, I practised a lot talking in front of the mirror with confidence and prepared what I needed to say during the interview. I also read a number of articles on the current issues.
  15th of april fell on Monday. The day before that, which was Sunday, I already set off to Perak and luckily we managed to find a homestay for my family and I to stay overnight.

  The next day, which was the important day for me, I woke up at 6.15 am, showered and put on the Baju Kurung and Tudung which I've ironed the day before.  The registration started at 7.30 am.
  I arrived at UTP campus at 7.20am. By 7.25am I reached the Chanselor Complex which was a magnificiently beautiful looking building. It was huge. It wasn't 7.30 yet but the queue of applicants were veryvery extremely long for the registration. I had one of the last and back queues. While queiung, I was given a small peach coloured paper with an alphabet and 2 digits on it. Not long after that, it was my time to register.

                                                                           Registering time!

  After registering, I was told to sit at the Chansellor Hall with the other applicants. Wow, there was sooo many people there who will be interviewed just like me. I went up the stairs and found a seat near my schoomates. I knew a lot of people there. I had some of my friends from my school, tuition classes there which made me felt  slightly relieved as I am not alone.

   At the hall, we were given a talk and briefing by the lecturers there regarding the Universities courses, fee structure and also the interview process. I was placed in group D which will be interviewed in the afternoon.

After the talk which finished at 10am, I still have ample of time to prepare and eat. I haven't had my breakfast at that time so I was really starving.
I had brunch with my family at a Mamak Restaurant outside the campus. It was just nearby. We went back to our homestay for a while as it was quite near to UTP.
   I took the time at the homestay to relax for a a bit and prepare a lil bit more for the interview.
  My interview session started at 1 pm. So I got there 15 minutes early. I went up the stairs to the waiting room and waited there with the other applicants in group D. I just spent my waiting time praying and zikir to Allah to calm myself from the nervousness I'm having that time.

   An hour after that, the applicants of group D were called to enter the preparation room. The room was quite big and there were many tables being prepared. Each tables with 5 seats. The person in charge said that we could seat anywhere we want. It took me some time to find a seat as I wanted to make sure I sat with a bunch of people whom could be helpful teamates for the group interview. I sat at this table with 3 guys. The person in charge said that a table should consist of at least 3 guys and 2 girls or vice versa.
We were given a case study each. I was given a topic about Industrial Pollution. We were asked to find a solution for the case study and told them why we gave that solution. I have to convince the interviewer that my solution was the best one. 20 minutes given to me to prepare the answers. When the time was up, my name was the first to be called for the individual interview session. Whyyy am i the first?
  Anyway, I walked to the panel room with high hopes. The interview session took about 5 mins or so. It went pretty well. The interviewer was quite friendly. It was a guy. Alhamdulillah I managed to answer his questions calmly and with self-confidence.  Then, it was the time for the group interview. My team mates and I did pretty well on discussing, argueing and eventually we came out with the best solution and came to a conclusion.
  After the interview, I managed to stop by the library there and read a few books.

Overall, the interview went quite well. I did my best. So I'm leaving everything to Allah now.

We went back to KL at 6pm and reached around 9pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment